Change a pet's life day
Thursday, January 24th is Change a Pet’s Life Day and in honor of this pet holiday we are going to give you a list of ways you can change a pet’s life. These simple changes can go a long way with your pet not only with their health but their happiness too! So, remember these ideas tomorrow and help change your pet’s life.
1. Longer Walks – Do you take your pup for a walk when you get home from work or running errands? Extending your walk is not only beneficial for your dog but also you! Take advantage of that extra time and use it for bonding with your furry friend.
2. Change Your Pets Food – Have you taken a peek at your pet food ingredients? Changing up your pet’s food is a simple change that could ultimately change your pet’s life. If you are in the market for a healthier food option for your pet, things that should be at the top of the ingredient list include: animal protein, whole vegetables and fruits. At Slobberbones Bakery & Market we offer several healthy food options for both cats and dogs. Be sure to take a look at our selections at pick up or drop off. We are sure to have something that will benefit your pet’s overall health and craving.
3. Send to Doggy Daycare – Do you feel guilty leaving your dog at home while you are at work? Well why not sign them up and send them to doggy daycare at The Ark. You can drop your pup off on your way to work for a full day of fun! While you work, your little buddy will be having a blast playing, running, jumping, and sometimes even swimming, leave them relaxed and ready to spend a calm evening at home with you. In addition, they will make many new friends in “free play” who they will love to see again and again.
4. Try CBD – Does your pet get anxious when you are away? Or, if you have an older dog, does that dog have arthritis or joint pain? Trying CBD could help ease anxiety and pain from arthritis and joint pain. At Slobberbones Bakery & Market we have a selection of CBD products that might be of help to your pet. From treats to oils, even drops Slobberbones has what you need. Stop by any of the Ark locations and let our crew help you decided what would be best for your furry friend.
5. Introduce New Toy – We are sure your pet has several toys to play with but sometimes introducing a new toy to the mix is just what your pet needs. A new toy can help them stay happy in engaged throughout the day which in return can help change their life.
6. Try a Groom – Who doesn’t like getting pampered? Scheduling a groom is perfect for any dog. Even if your dog isn’t the breed who needs a haircut, a bath is always an option. A good smelling pet is a happy pet! The Ark offers several grooming packages to choose from. Whether your lovely companion needs an all over “hairdo” or just a bath and brush, or maybe just a PAW-dicure The Ark Pet Spa & Hotel has you covered.
7. Extra Cuddle Time – Did you know that cuddling with your pet releases chemicals that make them feel good? Cuddling also help pets get warmth and to bond with their owners. It is said that cuddling goes back to earlier times when pets needed body heat to keep warm. They kept warm with each other and with other humans. Thus, proving that pet’s cuddling is not only beneficial for the pet but also for humans as well. So, snuggle up a bit longer with your furry companion.
8. Treat Your Pet – Are you a pet owner that keeps pet treats on hand at all times? If you are not one of those owners, then maybe it’s a great idea to introduce treats into your daily routine. Most treats offer some kind of health benefit such as daily vitamins that you might be unaware your pet isn’t receiving. So, go out and stock up on a few different treat options and start changing your pet’s life one treat at a time. Be sure to check out our dog and cat treat selection the next time you visit The Ark.
9. Yearly Check Up – Just like humans, pets need routine checkups. If your pet hasn’t had a recent checkup with their veterinarian, tomorrow is the perfect day to schedule an appointment. Staying up to date with your pets’ vaccines and an all over health is an easy way to change a pet’s life.
10. Adopt – Have you had the thought of adding and additional pet into your house hold? Adopting a new pet is the ultimate way to change a pet’s life. Check out your local shelters adoption programs and be sure to do your research. McKamey Animal Center is always having fun adoption events and specials. Click Here to find more information on McKamey Animal Center and their adoption program.
There are so many ways that you can change a pet’s life. These 10 easy changes are simple to implement and for the most part won’t break the bank. Be sure to check outfor more information on our doggy daycare and grooming services. And be sure to check out all of our food, treat and pet toys that we offer at Slobberbones Bakery & Market. Be sure to celebrate Change a Pet’s Life Day tomorrow. Happy Change a Pet’s Life Day from all of us here at The Ark Pet Spa & Hotel.